Thursday, August 22, 2013

TBT - The Munson Kids

THROW BACK THURSDAY
is here and this week we have an exciting twist!

GUEST BLOGGERS!

Mr. Merry Munson and his siblings were kind enough to let us feature a TBT picture and do commentary!  You are going to LOVE IT!


Josh's (The Eldest) Comments:
I apologize for this rant, but my emotions over this photo have been bottled up inside for the last 25 years or so. I've got 3 major issues with the photo...

1) Three siblings of different sexes all matching... EXACTLY! Parents... Don't do this to your kids, or if you do, make it a good Star Wars holiday shirt like this!
2) WHITE JEANS!!! Really Mom? You can pull this off... your 11year old, middle school aged son cannot, nor did he ever want to. I distinctly remember complaining about these jeans while trying them on in Mervyn's!

3) Boys look bad in snowflakes! The sweater didn't help me pick up chicks then...  but...  I kinda wish I had an adult version of it now, because I know that Merry Momma Cindy digs on guys in a holiday theme sweater. ;)

In reality, this is probably the most discussed picture within my family, and I'm so glad we have it regardless of how ridiculous I look. Thanks Mom for coordinating our outfits and staging this picture which is still meaningful 25 years later. I love you (even if you did make me wear white jeans).

Stu's (The Middle Kid) Comments:
Wow, wow, wow!!!  I can't tell you how many conversations have started due to this picture.  Not just during the Holidays.... ALL YEAR LONG!!!!  I think this picture might be on display 365 days a year due to it's mystical conversational powers.  I do admire the courage Mother had in putting us in these outfits. If you didn't look closely, you might have missed the best detail of them all.  Those are white turtlenecks under the festive snowflake sweaters.  Yes.... white jeans, white turtlenecks.  You know what happens after a photo session during a normal Texas winter?  You remove the dreadfully hot sweater and sport whatever is underneath.  This resulted in three TOTALLY white kids running around.  I looked like the Michelin man I'm sure, Josh probably resembled an envelope, and Jessica a little white rabbit or something (couldn't come up with a good comparison).  But look how happy we were!! I really don't remember having any problems wearing this at the time, other than the insulating properties of the snowflake sweater.  My Nikes were pretty sweet too!
All kidding aside, it's pictures like this that make me smile.  Memories....  We had no idea at the time that we would STILL be talking about this picture twenty or so years later.  Thanks Mother for providing us with this great photo that has brought us so much laughter!  There might be Snowflakes Version 2.0 to come.  Stay tuned ;)

Jessica's (The Baby and The Only Girl) Comments:
Personally, I think this picture is adorable! However, this is probably due to the fact that I am the most adorable thing in it. I have to give props to Mother for being ahead of the game with the themed Christmas photo and choice of background. The green carpet really brings out the color in the sweaters. She missed a little with the shoes, though. I know Stu and Josh would have much preferred wearing Keds. 

This picture comes out every year during the holidays and I think Mother (yes, we call our mom Mother) leaves it up a little longer just to remind us all of that time in our lives. However, the nut does not fall far from the tree. We now dress our own children in matching themed Christmas sweaters. I think a part of it is so they too can look back on the picture in 20+ years and recall the same memories as we have been fortunate enough to enjoy.
 

And because we love you so much and know you are dying to replicate this pic...
  1. Click here, here, here and here for some awesomeness in the form of Christmas sweaters.
  2. Looking for more inspiration on how to coordinate your family - then check out these trendsetters.
 
Now go forth and coordinate! Take silly pictures for your families and friends to discuss for years from now!!

Share the MERRY!!

After all, isn't that what the holidays are about...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spread the merry and leave your comments!