It's Thursday and you know what that means...
THROW BACK THURSDAY!
Who: A BIG SHOUT OUT to the Houchin Family for sharing their Christmas cards with Your Merry Mailbox! Gary Houchin, the dad/granddad of the group, is Merry Momma Cindy's Dad's first cousin (follow that?). He has an adorable wife named Mary and together they have raised four awesome kids - Tamera, Tonya, Trisha and Todd. Now, all four of those kids are married and have babes of their own!
When: 1994, 1998 and 2012
Katy's Thoughts: Watching a family grow is just amazing! I love that over the years the friends of the Houchin's were able to keep up with the family and see it grow! I love that Mary has "stuck to her guns" and had these pictures done year after year. What fun family memories!
Cindy's Thoughts: There are so many things I love about these cards, I am going to have to make a list!
1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that they send "extended" family cards! Watching a family grow and change and then grow some more over the years is just awesome, amazing and fun!
2. 1994 - Denim. Need I say more? Probably not, but I am going to anyway. I am a denim lover. Always have been, always will be. I think I got my first denim jacket from Harold's (oh, how I wish that store hadn't gone out of business) in 1991. I also had LOTS and LOTS of denim shirts, vest, skirts, shorts...every item of clothing that is made, I had it in denim. And, I have started building my closet back up in denim. If you didn't know, denim is kind of a big deal these days. J. Crew even says so, see!
3. 1998 - Leopard. Another trend for 2013 - IT IS the new neutral! This family is always right on trend or maybe even a little pre-trend! Way to go HOUCHINS! (I am a little sad none of the men embraced the leopard print...maybe 2013?)
4. 2012 - I love that they had professional pictures taken to celebrate Gary and Mary's 50th wedding anniversary. 50 years -- that is something to celebrate! Congrats! I love that each family had their own unique style, yet it blends well and no one family or person stands out too much.
- If you have a large extended family, check this, this and this out! And THIS one is too cute!
- Go get two or three pieces of leopard print things now! Maybe this adorable jacket, or these cute shoes! We both are going to order this belt!
- Denim is in! If you follow Pinterest Told Me Too, then you have heard of the MUST HAVE JACKET. (If you don't then well, you should!) Merry Momma Cindy has it and all the things are true! ORDER IT NOW! Also, Dad, Mom, sister, sister and brother can all wear denim and look FAB! We heart denim!