Monday, August 19, 2013

A getting MARRIED Christmas

This sweet couple just got married THREE weeks ago! Check out their fun way of telling the world just how "MARRY" they are!




WhoTravis and Donna

Location:  Pilot Point, TX- my great-grandparents' farm

Props:  We didn't use any real props, but the setting of the picture is dear to our hearts. 

Clothes:  Donna- shirt Banana Republic; Travis- shirt Ralph Lauren

Comments:  Christmas was 8 months before my wedding- a perfect time to send a Save the Date.  I emphasized the word “married” as much as I did because I wanted to make sure that the recipient would immediately notice it was a Save the Date and not just put it in the pile of all the other Christmas cards.  

Designer: ME!! 

Photographer: A coworker of mine does photography as a hobby, so she took some pictures for us. 

Favorite Thing:  I like that it looks like a Save the Date card but also looks like a Christmas card without sacrificing portions of either.  It completely accomplished both tasks.  

********************

Katy's Thoughts: I kind of love the play on words. Cute simple and easy to accomplish with other Christmas themes as well!

Cindy's Thoughts:  Well, Donna is a bestie...so of course I love the card! :)  I think my favorite thing is the look of happiness on both of their faces!


********************

How can you recreate this card? I think the key to this card is just to keep it simple. Old/vintage/rustic buildings make great backdrops for pictures. They add lots of fun texture and depth without taking the focus away from the people in the pic. And the holidays are a great time to share news with family and friends - love the double purpose of this card!

Get PINspired:
  1. Looking for a great way to tell the world that you are so merry about getting MARRIED? Then click here, here, and here!
  2. Lots of examples of great photos with barn backdrops are here, here, and here!
  3. If I was going to take pics in front of a barn, I'd want it to look exactly like this!
  4. And for more ideas, FOLLOW US on PINTEREST
Really, what is more merry than getting MARRIED?!? Tell us your favorite thing about this card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spread the merry and leave your comments!