Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Royal Christmas

Hi friends!  Today's post is going to be a ROYAL treat!  This handsome prince and darling princess are the children of a dear friend of the Merry Mommas.  Karen is a delight and is a great working (outside the home) mom role model for us.  Enjoy their card, it will make you MERRY! 


Who: Justus (5) and Delaney (2)

LocationCollege Station, Texas A&M University—MSC, Koldus, G. Rollie White

PropsNo props


Comments:  I LOVED the dress & boots I found for Delaney and thought it was perfect for December in Texas—a sweater dress, but short sleeve.  So I started with that, and decided to stick with a simple and classic (read: and easy for Mom) look for Christmas card pictures.  I found the denim shirt and tie combo for Justus on Gap.com and couldn’t say no, and loved that we could dress it up or make it preppy casual and ended up taking pictures both ways.  Although the pictures are simple, I thought Nichole did a great job of dressing it up with the card design.

Designer: Nichole Quick of QuickDesign Co. 

Photographer: Sarah Giles Burns of Butterfly Chaser Photography

Favorite Thing:  I really liked the contrast of the two sides—one big picture on one side and then a collage on the other.  We had sooo many pictures from that shoot that I just loved that I couldn’t decide which ones to put in the card.  So I sent all five of these to Nichole and said “Do whatever you want and use whichever ones you want.”  She sent me the proof and just said “We’re using all of them” and my heart was so happy!

Blog:  Remarkably Royal
*************************

Katy's Thoughts: I love that you can see how much Justus adores Delaney. Not all siblings really get a long and sometimes that shines through the pics (which is totally fine) BUT he loves her and I love that!

Cindy's Thoughts: While I am not always formal ({gasp}, I go to Target without makeup on!!), I love that Justus and Delaney are dressed to the nines!  And a tie on a kid - LOVE IT!


***********************************

How could you recreate this card? I love that this has tone on tone elements (Delaney) with pops of color (Justus). To recreate this card you should pick a location that has some meaning to you - for this family it was the campus of their college alma mater. Lots of stone, concrete, and other outdoor elements. Perhaps the church where you got married? A downtown area in your city? And notice that Justus had an "outfit change" at some point - it's okay to spice some things up!

Getting PINspired: If you are thinking of recreating this, check out these pins: 
  1. This is a great example of how tone on tone can work! (It may also happen to be a pic of one of us Momma's kiddos!) ;)
  2. How adorable is this little girl? I LOVE the cream with the pop of red from her hat. 
  3. This is a great example of how you can dress your boys! I love that Karen had Justus in a layered look and then adjusted it for some pics. This is an easy way to change up the look! 
What's your favorite thing about this card? Leave your comments below!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, such an honor to see my kiddos on this awesome blog!! You Mommas made my day Merry! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Spread the merry and leave your comments!