Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Hoot, Hoot!

Y'all...you know what is great about having a baby in October...
You get to use the newborn photo session for Halloween PICTURES!
Winning!



Who: Caroline (3), Annaliese (2), Millicent (new!)

Location: These pictures were taken in our front yard in Bryan, Texas.

Props: I guess you could consider the fallen tree a prop. :)  (Please know that I am less than 5 inches away from precious Millicent.)

Clothes: The adorable hats are from Annabelle Knits.   Caroline and Annaliese's shirts and leggings are from Wal-Mart.  Millicent's sleeper is from a company called Cotton Seed, however I think they are out of business.

Comments: I love having the girls dress up as animals (I don't know why, I just think it is cute!) and my high school mascot was an owl, so I thought - why not!  I looked all over Pinterest (don't forget to follow us!) and found this, this, this, this and this.  I headed to our local fabric store and bought lots of different types of fabric and some fabric glue and got busy cutting and pasting. 

Designer: Katy designed this card, isn't it adorable!  Thanks, friend!

Photographer: Sarah Burns of Butterfly Chaser Photography

Favorite Thing: Everything! :) I love that we used purple, pink and aqua and not the traditional owl colors.  I love the hats - and they had dual purpose, the girls wore them all winter.  I love that I made the shirts (I am typically not a crafty mom). And I love these three hoots!

I absolutely adore Halloween and I think one of the reasons is the costumes!  What's more fun than dressing your babies (or yourself) up?!

And dressing up isn't just for Halloween...it totally can be a Christmas thing too!

Does anyone host Christmas Costume Parties?  If so - invite us - and here are a few ideas for you - Mrs. Clause, a snowman, a reindeer or even an elf!  Or bet yet, a leg??  And don't forget the Christmas tree!

Cute kiddos in costumes are darling no matter the season - these girls rock the Christmas tree look!  And a kid as an ornament - LOVE IT!  These tikes look awesome in their Christmas costumes.

And don't forget that a Nativity play has lots and lots of fun costume options!  We think you could even use a Nativity picture as a card, check this out.

Remember this darling card! Here's another card we found that we think you will love!  And this picture on a card would bring big MERRY via laughter!  And if you want to WIN funniest card...try this!

If you have a Christmas card that features a costume, please send it in!  We'd love to feature it!

 photo YourMerryMailboxSignature_zps6126bec3.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spread the merry and leave your comments!