Monday, September 30, 2013

Blessed



Who: The Merry Munsons

Location: Friend's home near Navasota, Texas

Props: None

Clothes: Cindy and Josh - I can't remember, sorry!  Caroline's dress is from J.Crew and Annaliese's dress and jean jacket are from Gap.  Annaliese's darling headband was made by Merry Momma Katy - she has a thing for rosettes!

Comments:  This card is a little more traditional (than most Munson cards).  The color scheme of red and cream worked well with the "fall"colors in central Texas.  I really had no set agenda when we took these pictures (shocking, I know) but we did lots of family shots and individual shots of the girls.  Once the proofs came back, I couldn't narrow it down to just one picture, so we decided to go with the traditional looking at the camera family picture AND individuals of the girls.  We took the picture on the back just on a whim, mostly because Annaliese was DONE and we weren't getting any more shots of her face that (1) didn't have a paci in her mouth or (2) or was bright red from screaming and it turned out to be one of my favorites!  To me this card is traditional, warm and just nice. :)

Designer: Sarah Burns of Butterfly Chaser Photography

Photographer: Sarah Burns of Butterfly Chaser Photography

Favorite Thing: I love the warm feeling of this card.  I love Annaliese's chubby cheeks and her non-smile looks.  I know most people want big smiles of their kiddos on Christmas cards, but I fell in love with her eyes and to be honest, this was the look she most often had, so we went with it. :)  Caroline's over the shoulder look just makes me smile.  However, the picture on the back may be my favorite (even though you can't see our faces).  The four of us holding hands walking into the sunset...well, it makes my mind wonder into those thoughts of...Oh my goodness, we are so blessed!

***************

Katy's Thoughts: The colors, the smiles, those sweet, darling girls - what's not to love!? These colors work so great together and that little pop of denim in Anna's jacket is perfect. And from a more personal perspective, I love that I can remember this day (we were also taking joint Halloween pics with the Royal Hot Messes). I love that their memories are mine, too. :)

Cindy's Thoughts: That couple is hot and those kids are precious! Just kidding, see above!

***************

How can you recreate this card?

Grab your family, head outside, hold hands and walk! While someone is taking your picture of course!  Walking pictures are fun and the little ones typically are a little more into walking than sitting still and being forced to smile on command.

Also, using one key word - like BLESSED - is a way to stylize your card.  Sometimes simple is the way to go!

Get PINspired:
  1. You can walk backwards or forwards.  (Anyone else read Gossie??)
  2. The sideways walk is good too!
  3. Walk with your family on the beach!
  4. We really love this family's "walk"!
  5. Check out our entire board of walking pics.
  6. And here's our board of BLESSED cards.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Spread the merry and leave your comments!