Friday, September 27, 2013

Yes Virginia, There Is a Santa Clause





Who:  O & G representing the family!

Location: Our yard in College Station, Texas

Props: Our awesome photographers, Tim and Kristen, provided the couch and the cute trunk!

Clothes: Carters, Children’s Place, Levis and Converse (and the fire truck shoes are sold out everywhere!)

Comments: At the photo shoot we had taken some family shots but the one of the boys together warmed my heart. So, I decided they could represent the whole family.  I also fell in love with the photo of the boys’ feet as soon as I saw it! I really wanted either a Christmas song or a Holiday poem on the card. Then I remembered my Dad always reading me and my siblings “Yes, Virginia, There Is a Santa Claus” every year. So, I decided to incorporate that into the card.

Designer: Kristen Douglas of Fidelis Photography.  Kristen is amazing! I told her my idea and the elements I wanted to incorporate and on the first round we had a winner!

Photographer: Fidelis Photography 

Favorite Thing: I think it has to be the text treatment of the excerpts “Yes Virginia There is a Santa Claus”. Kristen emphasized my favorite parts of that letter.  I also loved the paper that we chose, a matte linen cardstock.

***************
Katy's Thoughts: There is just something about little boys that make me smile. Maybe it's because I have a little boy of my own, or maybe it's because they are darling little creatures filled with wonder and imagination. I LOVE the addition of this amazing excerpt from this letter and then once I read it's history, I loved it even more. And to be honest, I'm a sucker for a feet pic. 

Cindy's Thoughts: This card just makes me happy.  The darling boys on the front have real smiles, are "hugging" like brothers hug and just look like they are having fun.  And then I flip the card over and read the quote from "Yes Virginia, There Is a Santa Claus" and my happy levels just triple.  I don't think even the scroogiest Scrooge wouldn't smile at this card.  It reminds us to love, be generous and give devotion.

***************
How can you recreate this card? How fun would it be to put your own twist on a famous Christmas poem or song? The Kings first Christmas card as a family of 3 included an original rendition of "We 3 Kings"... What about "Twas the Night Before Christmas" or "Away in a Manger" for a newborn announcement? Lots of great ideas! And to set up this photograph - easy! Cute kids, a couch and some awesome fun shoes and DONE!

Get Pinspired: 
  1. We love the added detail of that fabulous trunk - and it works for lots of different pictures! A happy couple! A darling set of siblings! An adorable baby! It also works for a great game of peek-a-boo!
  2. We kind of went over board pinning stuff.... (I know, isn't that such a disappointment?) Check out our Christmas Carols board... pay close attention to this one. (LOVE!)
  3. And we also made a board for Christmas Stories and Poems. This card pretty much makes us happy. 
  4. And, what could be more merry than some Christmas Mad Libs

Merry Friday, Y'all!


 photo YourMerryMailboxSignature_zps6126bec3.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spread the merry and leave your comments!