Thursday, September 5, 2013

TBT - Tacky Sweaters, Sweet Girls...

It's Thursday and you know what that means...
THROWBACK THURSDAY is here!




Who: Chrissy, Jenni (Merry Momma K's life-long best friend), and Kerri (Ages 6, 12, and 9)

When: 1991

Where: I am almost 100% certain this is a Sears Portrait Studio

Katy's Thoughts: My initial thought is that my bestie really has to love me to voluntarily hand over this priceless picture to be featured. I didn't even have to twist her arm. :) I often went with the Tuley girls for their Sears photo sessions, so I may have been behind the camera making them smile! :) I love that I can see the faces of their own sweet kids in those smiles from way back when.

Things to note: the red socks OVER the tight-rolled black jeans. The black Keds. The BANGS. And mostly those adorable girls that have grown into some amazingly beautiful women.

Cindy's Thoughts:  Y'all...as a Momma of three little girls I look at this picture and see the future (sans the bangs and tight rolled jeans...the Keds may still be an option, however...I see lots of college age girls wearing them...are they coming back?) not the past.  I think about my littles and the pictures we will take when they are 12, 11 and 9.  And then 18, 17 and 15! This is why we do this blog...capturing a precious family memory is a priceless gift we can give our kiddos, family and friends.  I also think don't ever let me cut bangs on the girls and where can I find sweaters like that for our annual tacky Christmas sweater party!


Get PINspired:

  1. I think they should recreate this picture, don't you?
  2. Want your kids feet to be as cute as theirs? Check out this, this, and this! And while neither one of us is a big fan of glitter, we have to admit that these are precious!
  3. And a great updated spin on the black jean can be found here, here and here.

Thanks for helping us spread the merry, Tuley girls! 

AND...if you are wanting to get some merry of your own then you are in luck! We are hosting our first giveaway!! Thanks to Jumping Jax Designs for offering a $25 credit to one of our followers! To enter, just follow us and post a comment on THIS POST! 




 photo YourMerryMailboxSignature_zps6126bec3.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spread the merry and leave your comments!