Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Chevron Cutie Christmas


Today we are featuring a too cute chevron clad clan from Austin, Texas!! 


Who: J, A and AE

Location: Mayfield Park, Austin, Texas

Props: None

Clothes: Gap, Ann Taylor Loft, Express, Mudpie, Jetterbugs, Adelaids Boutique

Comments: Chevron print and gray are so trendy right now, so I knew I wanted to incorporate them into our card. When I found the dress that AE is wearing at Jetterbugs, I knew that was the palate we were going with. I found my belt (you can barely see it) on Etsy to tie it all together. Mayfield Park is a special place to my family here in Austin. J & I did our engagement shoot there 5 years ago, so I knew I wanted to go back with AE. It is also home to a rather large family of peacocks, so that helped in keeping her then 15-month old attention!

Designer: I did!! Minted is one of my top 3 sites for all paper products!!

Photographer: Julie Jackson Photography - we love here because although she is based out of Waco she will travel to Austin! Call her if you are in Central Texas!

Favorite Thing: In case you couldn't tell by my comments, AEs chevron dress...and those baby blue eyes of hers! :)

******************

Katy's Thoughts: I have to agree with Ann on this one... that dress. Holy guacamole, is it darling or what?!?! And that tiny pop of pink? LOVE!

Cindy's Thoughts: Lots to love on this card!  The beautiful park, the trendy chevron dress and the loving family.  But my FAVORITE thing is the bottom right picture!  I love her big blue eyes looking up!  This is one of my favorite angles for pictures and I think you can see why! (And I have difficulty ending a sentence without a ! ... forgive me! see! ugh! whatevs. ;))


******************

How can you recreate this card? Don't be afraid of a monochromatic color scheme. Shades of one color can make amazing pics! There are no bells and whistles here - just an adorable family in a meaningful setting. Can't ask for anything more than that?!?!

Get PINspired: 
  1. We clearly could not choose just a few chevron inspired cards to share. Check out the entire board!
  2. Looking for some cutie chevron stuff for an adorable little girl? Then click here, here and here and well, here too for some of our favorite finds!!
  3. Looking for Momma? Then check out this scarf, these socks, this dress and this to-die-for cuff
  4. And we don't want to leave out the dudes in your life... click here and here for Dads and here and here for the little men in your life!
  5. Parks make amazing backdrops, especially if you live in a big city! Click here (yes, we realize this is Central Park, but a girl can dream, right!?!?), here and here to see why!
  6. And, we love tone on tone. We LOVE one color throughout. Check out this and THIS to see why. 
(We also started a new board: Card Inspiration - What to Wear! Check it out and send us your favorite pins so we can add to it!!) 



 photo YourMerryMailboxSignature_zps6126bec3.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spread the merry and leave your comments!