Thursday, November 7, 2013

TBT: 30 years ago...


THIS HAPPENED!


According to the trusty ol' internet,
Christmas 1983 will always be associated with
the Cabbage Patch Kid CRAZE!  


Did you get a Cabbage Patch Doll in 1983?

What do you think will be the toy hit of 2013?

***********************

Cindy's Thoughts: Friends, my parents are awesome, like really awesome.  I love them...but...that picture below is from 1984!  Yes, 1984, not 1983.  I don't know if we received Cabbage Patch Kids in 1983, but I guess we did in 1984.  And frankly, I guess that just goes to show you that stuff doesn't really matter, but love does!

(Don't you just love the scanned pic from my Mom's 
Christmas photo album! {It's a POLAROID, a Polaroid!})

Katy's Thoughts: There are few kids that are as loved as my brother's and me. Seriously - countless stories of my parents going above and beyond the call of duty, especially my Momma. Well, the year I decided I "MUST HAVE" a CPK was beyond 1983 (because I was 4 in 1983 and probably didn't pay enough attention to what was all the rage). However, at some point I was old enough to care and be jealous of everyone else that had a CPK. So of course, I wanted one for Christmas. And as fate would have it - there were NONE left in the great city of Waco, TX. So because my Momma and Mrs. Nancy were SUPER moms and loved Susan and I enough...they drove to SAN ANTONIO to get us one.

Y'all. That's three hours away. On Black Friday. Where people are even crazier than normal.

But, we got them....


(I don't think Susan had opened her gift yet... please check out the way she is eying**  my newly adopted child).  And now all these years later, what I really "get" is all that love that drove them down there for plastic dolls in the first place! Thanks, Mom!  

** Y'all. Did you know that you spell "eyeing" like that??? How weird is that?!? Eying. But I looked it up. And spent way too much time reading all sorts of writing forums in dispute over the spelling of that word. So. Not only did you get a fun TBT - you also got some free education today. We spread merry any way we can! :)


  photo YourMerryMailboxSignature_zps6126bec3.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spread the merry and leave your comments!