Who: Magan and Greg Smith...and Baby Smith (Mommy, Daddy, and Sophia Elaine)
Location: Hensel Park in College Station, Texas
Props: A white Christmas tree, PINK ornaments, a sheet and rope. Blue or pink ornaments told us if we were having a boy or girl!
Motherhood Maternity - www.motherhood.com
The Buckle - www.buckle.com
American Eagle Outfitters - www.ae.com
Cavender's Boot City - www.cavenders.com
Comments: We take Christmas pictures every fall, but last year was special! We were expecting our first child!! Once I found out the date of our ultrasound, our photographer and I started planning our gender reveal Christmas session. I found lots of ideas on Pinterest, but Chantal likes to be original and came up with the Christmas tree ornament idea on her own. I love that Chantal was able to capture this significant time in our lives in such a creative way. We had no clue what we were having until we peeked around the sheet and saw pink ornaments! She captured our excitement and our love...our love for each other and our love for our unborn daughter.
Photographer and Card Designer: Chantal Bergeron of Whimsy & Style Photography
Favorite Thing: My favorite thing about our Christmas card is that we were able to incorporate such an important life event. Some of our family and friends found out we were having a girl via our Christmas card! And we have a ton of images that capture THAT special moment...
Blog: I don't have a blog, but we do have this fun video Chantal made!
Katy & Cindy's Thoughts: We have to admit, as soon as Magan sent us this email and we saw these pictures, we teared up. Christmas is about capturing the magic and wonderment and spreading that same feeling to your loved ones and friends. And that is exactly what this card and these images create and share.
How can you recreate this card? This type of card requires patience on your part. You have to be willing to seal that precious envelope and put the contents into the hands of someone you trust. But, as Mommas that both waited for arrival to find out the gender of the third child, we will say that it is totally worth it!
- Pinterest has tons of gender reveal ideas, but we created a board specifically for Christmas themed ideas! This one is our favorite!
- Remember this card by Whimsy and Style? We love her creative ideas!
- Christmas is a great time to share the fun of surprises! Click here and here great surprise proposals! And click here for the best proposal Christmas card photo-op of all time. Seriously - figure out a way to do this. We want to get engaged all over again if it will look like THIS!!!
- We also love the idea of celebrating the home coming of our soldiers.
- And, well, this isn't a card, but what a great reminder of what to be thankful for this season!
And if all this baby talk has you CRAVING something, allow us to present...
Jori, from Bird's Bites is donating a DOZEN decorate sugar cookies!
And, y'all...they are every bit as tasty as they are beautiful! We know - we are frequent customers!! These would be a great surprise for teachers, friends, office mates, bosses, or any sweetie in your life to share the merry! You know what to do... just enter below!
(Don't live in BCS? No worries - cookies are easily mailed!)
Thanks Bird's Bites!!