Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas STATE of Mind!


Who: The Hot Mess Munsons and the Texas 3A State Champion College Station HS Cross Country Team

Location: CSHS Track & Old Settlers Park, Round Rock

Props: Hurdles, gold medals ;)

Clothes: Josh's shirt and sweater are from Gap and his pants are from Banana Republic.  All four of the Munson ladies are in Boden.  (I love their stuff!)

Comments: Oh, friends...this card...let's talk!  :)  Way back in June or July the greatest idea EVER popped in my head for our Christmas card.  I was ecstatic.  I texted Katy and Sarah and we all started brainstorming.  We had a plan, we just needed to find the prop (it's essential to the picture) and some cute clothes.  Easy-peasy. Then Cross Country practice started and Josh continued to get more excited and he really did believe that this group of talented ladies had the potential to win State.  Winning a State Championship is kind of a big deal, you know...so I just couldn't let the opportunity pass by.  Now mind you, this added just a TAD bit of pressure to Josh.  Our photo shoot was just a few days before the district meet.  And after district, they still had to run at Regionals and State.  How corny would this card look if we they didn't win!  Ha! But they did win (and by a lot!)  We are so proud of this group of young ladies and we are blessed to have them in our lives.  It was only fitting that we add a few candid shots from the meet to the final design.  And speaking of design, Nichole's design is just awesome.  I think it is very hard to have lots of different images on a card without looking like a mess, but her design is perfect!

Designer: Nichole Quick of Quick Design Company

Photographer: Sarah Burns of Butterfly Chaser Photography

Favorite Thing: Goodness!  I love the picture with the girls and Josh looking at the trophy - they were so proud of Daddy and his other girls.  I love the contrast between the track and our dressy clothes.  I love the different color scheme - purple and black for Christmas, why not!?!  I love the GOLD, the gold medals, the gold text, the gold(en) locks on the girls.

Extra: In addition to Josh being a wonderful coach, he is also a talented writer.  Enjoy our year-in-review poem.  (Sometimes I think that people are more excited about the letter/poem than the card! {GASP!} ;) )



**************

Katy's Thoughts: I love it. I love that this celebrates the season of merry. And I really love that this celebrates the hard work that the entire family contributed to such a wonderful accomplishment for Josh and his team. The early mornings, long weekends, and endless practices paid off and they all got to celebrate. You can sense the pride and love in everyone! Work is personal and they incorporated that in a beautiful way! (And, let's be honest... those GOLDEN locks on all those GOLDEN merry littles are the most precious thing you see!)

Cindy's Thoughts: I'm married to the hot coach at school! :)  Who also happens to be really good at his job!

**************

How can you recreate this card? Embrace your job, your hobby, something that your family is passionate about it and have fun with it!

Get PINspired:

  1. I think this family hit a home run!
  2. I know I have already mentioned it, but I am going to do it again...Nichole of Quick Design Company does great work!  Check it out here, here and here!
  3. And remember our board about hobbies!
  4. Winning makes everyone happy! They look happy, so do these kids and these!

May your holidays be GOLDEN and bright!

 photo YourMerryMailboxSignature_zps6126bec3.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spread the merry and leave your comments!