Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Roll Acosta Christmas



Who: Julian and Amber

Location:  College Station, TX

Props:  For this shot, the only prop we used was a bow.  I bought the ribbon at Hobby Lobby and a friend of mine tied the bow for me.  I made the “From God” gift tag, and transformed my big belly into a big present!

Clothes:  My clothes were primarily from Motherhood Maternity since I was preggers.  My husband’s sweater was from Kohl’s and his pants are from Macy’s.  I topped off my look with a red scarf, also from Macy’s.

Comments:  While the photos were a small portion of our maternity photo shoot, I specifically wanted the ones where I wore a bow around my belly because I knew that our baby girl was a gift to us from God.  I remember spending a lot of time that Christmas thinking about the gift that God gave us all of His only son, and all that really Christmas represents.  It was a blessed time in our lives!

Designer: Sarah Giles Burns, Butterfly Chaser Photography

Photographer: Sarah Giles Burns, Butterfly Chaser Photography

Favorite Thing:  I loved being able to share with family and friends this special time in our lives as we were about to become parents for the first time. 



*********************

Katy's Comments: I just love that they incorporated baby J into these pics. What greater gift than new life can you ask for? Simple and stunning. You don't need a ton of bells and whistles to make a lasting impression. 

Cindy's Comments: Baby bump AND a Christmas card!  You can't help but smile at that!  I love the baby bump of course, but I also love the red and gray color scheme.  It says "Merry Christmas" to me!


*********************


How can you recreate this card? The colors of this card are great - the pops of green in the background against the gray and red make us happy. This would be adorable at a Christmas tree farm! If you are some where that actual winter exists - snow on those trees would be lovely.

And - we have to be honest...there is a lot of "what not to do" when it comes to displaying that precious bump. Since we try to stick to our southern roots most of the time, we will just nod and say "bless their hearts"... 

Get PINspired:

  1. Babies really are the merriest thing around. So what better way to show off the most precious gift you will ever receive than with your Christmas card. Check out our favorites bump pics here and here.
  2. Wanting to spread the great news pre-bump then check out this, this, and this!
  3. And, we believe in real honesty around here. I honestly don't want to share these because this may be on a King Christmas Card in 2014, but because you are loyal reader, we give you the Christmas Tree Farm pics...


 photo YourMerryMailboxSignature_zps6126bec3.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spread the merry and leave your comments!